Once in every blue moon, when I had a free Friday night I would always order Chinese takeout and binge watch Netflix movies. I still keep my old traditions, but I’ve made them healthier. Back then, my favorite dish was the shrimp friend rice with extra soy sauce, so I recreated healthy guilt-free version. You can also make this without shrimp if you would like it to be strictly vegan.
- 2 cups of minute rice
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 chooped bunches of green onions
- 8 oz. of diced carrots
- 8 oz. of brocoli florets
- 8 oz. peas
- 5 tsp. of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. of sesame oil
- 2 lbs. of shrimp (optional)
- Black pepper
- Boil 2 cups of water in a pot on medium heat.
- Pour 2 cups of rice in the water and let that cook while constantly stirring.
- Heat a skillet with the 2 tbsp. of sesame oil until it is sizzling.
- In the sizzling skillet, place the broccoli, carrots, onions, and peas and then lower the heat to medium while the veggies cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and allow them to cook thoroughly.
- Place the green onions and peas into the same skillet and allow that to cook on medium heat for an additional 3 minutes.
- Pour the rice and soy sauce into the skillet with the shrimp and veggies and mix well. Cook for 5 more minutes and then you’re ready for Netflix!