Although a first date may seem like a job interview, please leave your resume at home. While it is tempting to run down a list of your accomplishments in hopes of making conversation, it takes away from the experience of getting to know each other through a naturally progressive two-way conversation. Instead of taking your resume, take these 10 interesting questions that will spark the conversation and may even lead to the second round of interviews.
1. If a video camera followed you around for a week, what would it capture that most people don’t see?
2. What is the best advice you ever received? Who said it? How have you implemented that piece of advice throughout your life?
3. What are 3 things in life that you consider a risk worth taking despite the outcome?
4. Where are you, who are you with, and what are you doing when you feel the most like your true self?
5. If you could rewrite a moment in your life, what moment would you choose and what would the revised story be?
6. If you had to listen to a playlist on repeat, what songs would you choose?
7. What is one thing that you have always wanted to try but you haven’t done yet? What is stopping you?
8. Describe your dream mate. What kind of relationship would you two have?
9. What is a common misconception other people have about you?
10. What is the one thing that is guaranteed to bring a smile to your face?
How would you answer some of these first date questions? Comment below!