French fries are a guilty pleasure, but you can enjoy these jicama fries guilt-free! Jicama is a Mexican root vegetable that can be used as a potato for your favorite starch recipes. One medium jicama contains 26 grams of net carbs (58g carbs – 32g fiber) which makes it a healthy low carb alternative! Check out the recipe below!
- 2 Medium Jicamas
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Any Additional Spices
- Potato Peelers
- Baking Sheet
- Peel the jicamas with a potato peeler
- Slice the jicamas in the style of french fries
- Spray olive oil onto the bottom of a baking sheet
- Lay the jicama fries onto the baking sheet in rows
- Spray or pour a thin layer of olive oil on top of the jicama fries
- Sprinkle salt, garlic powder, and any spices of your choice on top.
- Bake the fries at 400-450 degrees for 25-30 minutes until the fries are golden and crisp! Make sure to turn the french fries halfway through the cooking time to ensure even baking.