I love Sprinkles Vegan Red Velvet cupcakes so much that I decided to make my own copycat recipe. Check it out below!
Servings: Makes 30 cupcakes (cut the recipe in half or fourths for smaller servings)
- 2 2/3 cup of flour
- 1 1/2 cup of vegan butter (room temperature)
- 3/8 cup of 100% cacao powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. of salt
- 2 2/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tbsp. of Ener-g Egg Replacer
- 1/2 cup of warm water
- 2 tbsp. red food coloring
- 4 tsp. of pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of vanilla almond milk
- 2 tsp. of white vinegar
- 1 cup of vegan butter (room temperature)
- 12 oz. vegan cream cheese
- 1 tsp. of pure vanilla extract
- 7 cups of powdered sugar
- The first step is mixing most of the dry ingredients together using an electric mixer or whisk. These ingredients include flour, cacao powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a different bowl, mix the butter and sugar until thoroughly combined.
- In a small cup, whisk the Ener-g Egg Replacer and warm water until mixed well.
- Pour the egg replacer mixture into the bowl with the butter and sugar. Mix thoroughly.
- Mix the vanilla extract in the bowl with the butter, sugar and eggs.
- Mix the red food coloring in the bowl with the butter, sugar and eggs.
- In a small bowl, combine the almond milk and vinegar.
- Pour the almond milk and vinegar mixture in increments into the bowl with the butter, sugar, and eggs.
- In SMALL increments, mix the flour mixture into the bowl with the butter mixture until it is thoroughly combined and smooth.
- Pour the cupcake batter in tins. Make sure to only fill the cupcake tins 1/2 way or 2/3 way to leave room for rising.
- Bake the cupcakes on 325 degrees for until the cupcakes are done, which can be 20-24 minutes. I recommend checking on the cupcakes every 5 minutes by placing a fork or toothpick in one of the cupcakes. When the cupcakes are done, the fork or toothpick will come out with no batter on it.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the vegan butter until it is soft and fluffy.
- Add the vegan cream cheese in the bowl and mix until it is thoroughly combined.
- Mix in the powdered sugar in the bowl.
(Start these instructions once the cupcakes are cooled.)
- To make the cupcakes look like my picture, use one of the cupcakes and break it apart until you have small crumbs.
- Add the frosting on top of the rest of the cupcakes.
- Sprinkle the cupcake crumbs on top of the cupcakes.
- ENJOY! 🙂
Comment below with any questions, comments, or recommendations!